It may occur that you will have two accounts for the same person. This can happen when:
- You have registered them in your contact base, and they registered themselves via your website
- They signed up two times with two different email addresses
Rather than deleting or archiving one of these accounts, which can cause you to lose data if both accounts have been used, you can merge the accounts.
Merge Two Accounts
Access the Page
Go to the Community > Settings > Advanced Settings Page.
Here, you can input the two accounts in question.
- Account 1 is the main account. If there are information fields that have been filled out by both account 1 and account 2, account 1's information will be saved.
- Account 2 is the merged account. Its information will not be kept if it exists in the same fields as account 1.
The email address saved will be that of the main account (account 1). The person will no longer be able to login with the email address of account 2.
Identify Accounts 1 and 2
If the contact details of the two accounts are the identical (name, last name, email), the easiest way to identify the accounts will be to use the Contact ID.
Go to the Contacts page and activate this column if you have not yet to see the Contact ID number. You can use this ID number to search for accounts to merge.
Merged Account Details
What will be merged into the main account:
- The information fields of the profile
- ansactions / transaction history (donations, memberships, events, online shop)