Before you begin the process of certifying your organization's online account, it is important that you follow the requirements listed below so that your account is certified from the first time!
Find answers to all your questions about:
How do you ensure that your account is certified on the first attempt?
Adyen requires three documents in order to validate your certification. Find below the three documents concerned and the rules to respect:
1. Verify an identity document of the legal representative
Strictly speaking, the legal representative is the person who represents the organization in a court of law. More broadly, it is also the person who signs contracts or grant applications on behalf of the organization.
Note: However, as long as a person is listed on your software, you can upload his or her ID.
Provide one of the following documents for photo identification. The table shows the supported photo identification documents and the data to provide for that document.
When you upload a photo ID, it must meet the following requirements:
- Not expired
- Must be in color
- MRZ must be visible (if available)
- Separate file for the front and back of the ID document (only when submitting an ID card or driver's license)
- Authorized format(s): JPEG, JPG, PNG ou PDF (max. 2 pages)
- Minimum size authorized: 1 KB pour le PDF, 100 KB pour les autres formats
- Maximum size authorized: 4 MB
2. Verification of the bank account of your organization
The bank account statement is a document issue by your organization's banking institution that contains the identity of the holder of a checking account and their associated bank details. The conditions to respect in order for the bank account statement to be validated by Adyen:
- The statement must be in the name of the organization
- The routing code of your account is required
- The statement must be recent (if there is a date displayed, it must not be older than one year)
- The document must be very clear and legible
- The name and logo of the bank and the account number must be mentioned on the document
- The name of the association as an abbreviation is accepted on the statement
3. Verification of your organization
You can upload the following documents for this step:
- IRS Document with EIN (Employee Identification Number)
- W9 Form
EIN (Employee Identification Number)
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a unique identification number that is assigned to a business entity so that it can easily be identified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
It is imperative that the legal name of the organization registered with the IRS be used when completing this step. No anagrams or abbreviations will be accepted.
W-9 is used in the United States income tax system by a third party who must file an information return with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It requests the name, address, and taxpayer identification information of a taxpayer.