This article outlines the difference between Springly's two offers, Liberty and Serenity, and breaks down the pricing of each:
The liberty offer is 100% free and is dedicated solely to the collection of payments, whether that be through memberships, donations, or event tickets. It is intended for you to quickly and easily boost visibility and revenue sources without any cost to your organization.
Unlike the Liberty offer, the Serenity offer is subscription-based and gives you full access to Springly's software, services, and features.
Tiers and Invoicing
Subscriptions are tiered by the number of contacts, increasing according to the number of contacts in your CRM.
The pricing categories are as follows:
- $25/month for up to 100 contacts and 1000 emails
- $50/month for up to 250 contacts and 2000 emails
- $80/month for up to 500 contacts and 5000 emails
- $139/month for up to 1,000 contacts and 7000 emails
- $150/month for up to 2,500 contacts and 10,000 emails
Note: For every 1000 emails sent over your included amounts, you will be charged $1.50
If your organization has more than 2,500 contacts, please reach out to a member of our team directly and we will build a custom package for you.
What is a Contact? A Contact here refers to any data item that is saved in your CRM database, under the Contacts section. While these tend to be individuals, such as members, donors, volunteers, etc, they can also be third-party organizations and others saved from within the Structures feature.
For the Serenity offer, you can choose between a monthly or annual subscription plan.
- Monthly subscription: Commits you to one month, where you pay the amount of your subscription each month.
- Annual subscription: Commits you to 12 months, where you pay the annual amount at once. Note that taking an annual subscription allows you to enjoy 20% savings on the monthly subscription.
Since subscriptions are based on contacts, and the number of contacts in your CRM may vary over the course of a year, invoices may be sent periodically to compensate for any increase over your subscribed contact amount.
Let's say you buy a subscription for up to 100 contacts at $39/month at the end of January.
When it gets to the end of February, if the number of contacts in your CRM database is at 95, you will not be charged anything.
However, if the number of contacts in your CRM database is 105, you will be sent an invoice covering the difference between your current subscription package and that of the tier above.
In this case, your invoice would be for $30, since you have entered into the next tier: $69 for up to 250 contacts.