Quickbooks is an accounting tool that is often used by nonprofits.
With Springly, you can export data and import it into Quickbooks in order to manage your accounting through Quickbooks.
This article covers the following points:
- What are the data that can be exported from Springly and imported into Quickbooks
- How to integrate a journal in QuickBooks online
- How to integrate invoice lines in QuickBooks online
- How to integrate payments in QuickBooks Online
What are the data that can be exported from Springly and imported into Quickbooks
The data that can be exported from Springly and imported in Quickbooks are :
- Journal → To transfer financial data – invoices, payments, refunds, and donations – and customer records from Springly to QuickBooks Online
- Sales Report → To create invoice lines into QuickBooks Online or use it for nonprofit financial controlling.
- Payment Report → To create payment into QuickBooks Online, or use it for nonprofit financial controlling.
QuickBooks needs to be set up properly before an export file can be generated.
You can filter the data you want to export, view the Journal, and generate the export file from the Accounting menu.
The best way to use Springly and Quickbooks is to record payments in Springly and then export the journal to QuickBooks. This is more efficient than recording payments in QuickBooks since you would have to manually record them in Springly and maintain correct balances for your contacts.
How to integrate a journal in QuickBooks online
For more information on integrating a journal in QuickBooks, check out our article on it here!
Export Other files
In addition, you can use Springly to export:
- Sales transactions (to create invoice lines)
How to integrate invoice lines in QuickBooks online
Exporting sales transactions
The spreadsheet will consist of one row for each item selected by the contact (membership, product, optional menu, etc.).
To export sales transactions to a CSV file, follow the below steps:
- Filter on the selected period to generate a file with only those transactions you want to export.
- Click on the Export icon.
- A CSV file will be sent by email.
The spreadsheet will include all columns and not only those exported by QuickBooks Online. You will find below more information on how to export line items to QuickBooks Online.
You can export sales transactions with the details in order to create invoices to QuickBooks online with a CSV file.
Importing into QuickBooks Online
Once you have generated the spreadsheet, you can import it into QuickBooks Online.
Make sure to add any new items such as products or services to QuickBooks before importing.
For more information, you can consult our following articles:
- Import your generated spreadsheet from Springly to QuickBooks
- How to make sure that your Invoices are imported correctly in QuickBooks
How to integrate payments in QuickBooks Online
You can export payment (online and offline) to QuickBooks Online with a CSV file.
The spreadsheet will consist of one row for each payment.
To export a payment report to a CSV file, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the page Accounting> QuickBooks > Payment report.
- Filter on the selected period to generate a file with only those payments you want to export.
- Click on the Export Icon.
- You will receive the CSV file by mail.
The spreadsheet will include all columns and not just those required by QuickBooks Online.
Options that will not be available
- We do not manage IIF format as wild Apricot because this format is only useful for the QuickBooks desktop version.
- We do not manage taxes.