You have arrived for the first time on the Accounting application. Before starting, a little configuration is necessary. The first step of the configuration is the choice of the accounting level. This choice of level will allow you to adapt the accounting software (documents and features) according to your needs and your level.
This article explains how the levels work
Choose an accounting level
You have 2 levels at your disposal: Cash and Accrual Accounting.
Note that an advanced group whose accounting is independent will have its own accounting level. This level is to be defined from the advanced group settings page and can therefore be different from the accounting level chosen for the main organization.
Cash Accounting gives you access to:
- Simple expense/revenue accounting
- Bank reconciliation and check remittance tools
- Cash flow monitoring: the flow of your expenses and receipts
- A profit and loss account is automatically generated according to your entries
Accrual Accounting gives you access to:
- Manage debts and receivables
- All the accounting documents (Balance sheet, Profit and Loss account, Journal, General Ledger, etc.)
- A Sub-ledger accounting
- A cost accounting system
I still don't know what to choose
The choice of the level will give you access to more or fewer functionalities, knowing that you will be able to refine the functionalities later in Accounting > Settings.
We advise you to select the level that is in accordance with your level and the accounting requirements of the association. Depending on your size, and legal requirements within your country, the accounting requirements may differ.
Important: No matter which accounting level you choose, there will be no additional costs.
Can I change my accounting level?
It is possible to change accounting levels without losing any data.
To make your change, go to Settings > Accounting. Once on this page, you will see the option Commitment accounting activated or not, and therefore your accounting mode.
You can then activate or deactivate the option.
Please note that if you are in accrual accounting and you have entries pending payment, you will not be able to leave the accrual accounting mode.
Refining the parameters for the chosen accounting mode
From Settings > Accounting, you can refine these parameters to perfectly adapt the accounting software to your needs. In particular, you can activate:
- the display of accounting documents (General Ledger, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Journal, General Balance)
- the analytical follow-up tool to create budgets and assign entries to them
- the auxiliary accounting to link entries to third parties (customers, suppliers)
- the entry of not received invoices not received
- the entry of Prepaid Income and Expenses
- the generation of the accounting entry file (FEC)
Activate or deactivate the options of your choice using the button on the right.
A green message confirms that your choices have been taken into account.